MARKETING CONFUSIONS CLARIFIED AND SIMPLIFIED
YOU’RE LOST IF YOU DON’T KNOW
A recent survey about Marketing showed 40% of businesses were down trending at the end of 2016. They wanted to increase sales and gain more reaches for their product or services and pained or strained when they didn’t, a natural consequence of the insufficient sale of products and services—right?
While our economy is improving in the past two years, business owners we spoke to were confused about what to do in their marketing to really get more people reaching for their products or services. When asked WHY? They mentioned three main things.
1. Confused about what actions to take, especially on the Internet, the correct sequence and what platforms or off line actions to use or take.
2. Too many Options, hard to decide which is best. Not sure what to do, can’t quite figure out the sequence.
3. The general idea of “marketing” is mysterious, nebulous, and “have to just hope for the best!”
They don’t know what marketing tools to use and all the marketing actions and sequence to really gain success.
We have been doing market research for over 25 years and have identified the very best way to simply and effectively proceed with marketing actions to be successful. These are:
1. Define exactly what the marketing process is and does and all aspects of it. Marketing is not any one thing, like “sales”. It is the whole process from the initial idea, word of mouth and PR about it, to promotion, online and off line ads or emails, videos, live events, to the sales materials to attract the public. A product or service has not been fully marketed until someone pays for it with money or barter. We discover what your public thinks and needs so you can develop the right message to let him know you deliver exactly that. It works like a charm.
2. The Marketing sequence. Where is your business on this sequence, right now? We KNOW how to find this.
3. Do your homework and Target the exact people (“public”) you want to reach, sell to, have as customers or clients, and not miss. We can help you with this, after all, that’s what market research is all about. We can help you do your homework!
4. Research is done both online, calling them to find out all about it, going through data, and also discovering what your competition already does successfully and what does not work well in your industry. This saves time and money.
5. In-depth surveying specifically on your target public and get inside their heads to discover what they want, need, will buy, value, and all the benefits they expect to gain from your product or services. Also where they go online, off line, the opinion leaders they follow, what is their motivation behind what they want. We also gain their emotional levels on subjects, so you know what makes them happy, mad or sad. This is vital information and the way to discover their “Go Buttons” as well as all about their hesitations, cautions, and what they hope for.
6. Summary of information in easy to understand language with all answers in categories with percentages so you see how they say it, their buttons and views. Then an action plan with recommendations that follows the data at the end and gets marketing occurring that will work and generate reaches and sales.
7. When we do these steps with and for YOU, we also answer any questions you have so you are certain how to proceed!
The above sequence will give you a complete picture of your target public and how they think.
GET ENOUGH INFORMATION THAT YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO
VITAL INFORMATION like:
A.WHERE ARE YOU AT NOW IN THE MARKETING PROCESS?
B. WHAT TO DO NEXT, ARMED WITH THE KNOWLEDGE OF MARKETING
C. WHO YOU REALLY WANT TO INTEREST IN YOUR BUSINESS
D. WHAT TO SAY TO GET YOUR PUBLIC’S ATTENTION
E. WHERE TO INVEST YOUR MONEY TO ATTRACT THEM
F. WHAT THEY DON’T WANT, SO YOU KNOW WHAT TO AVOID
G. THE TOP BENEFIT YOUR PUBLIC WANT AND WHY
H. THEIR TOP HOT BUTTON, SO YOU CAN DEVELOP YOUR MESSAGE AROUND IT
We can also write a full Marketing Strategy for you based upon the information collected, if you so desire.
Remember: In order to Create the Best Message to your target public you need to know this information and Buttons. Not guess at it.
You can be a SUCCESS in what you do, even Expand or branch out from where you are now.
You can reach those attainable dreams with a Good Plan—all the information and actions to take, the campaign, and target public’s buttons so you can find the solutions and insights to immediately use.
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU ACCOMPLISH THIS?
WHAT DOES IT COST?
Step One: 36 point Analysis of your current Marketing and PR. This is for any existing business or entrepreneur with ideas for more business or new business. What may you be missing? What PR steps or marketing actions have been done or not done, what are all the steps necessary for your public. Who are your target public and what do they expect, how do they perceive you. Most clients find things they forgot or did not know and can immediately implement them.
This is IN-DEPTH and done by phone or Skype in an interview which takes from 45 minutes to an hour or more. Then a full summary and recommendations are done and written. The results are emailed to client. Any questions answered.
Additionally, a Competition Research package can be conducted to get even more insight into the marketing you are working in—this is highly recommended:
This involves research investigation into competitors in your field and in your immediate area. What do they do successfully to marketing Online? Off line? What PR steps do they take? How are they perceived? What are the things that work for them and what actually does Not work in that field and why. Also what the competition uses in words, tag lines, copy, design, pictures, images online and off line ads and promotion. Full summary and recommendations are provided.
Cost: $ 750
Step TWO: A survey uniquely aimed at your target public for your business.
This is usually a “Needs and Wants” survey, by phone or in-person (intercepts) and all questions developed with client input, approval, testing done, surveys conducted and full tabulation in easy to understand language with summary.
Recommendations of what needs to be implemented, how to use the data, is all outlined for you and we get with you and conference to answer all questions.
Cost: For smaller Needs and Wants surveys of 50-75 public surveyed is $5,000
For more public and larger surveys of 100 – 200 public surveyed is $10,000
For larger national surveys in many locations, 300-500 public is $20,000.
Packages of several surveys including Needs and Wants and a Positioning survey or a Branding survey (which are done after a Needs and Wants survey) are discounted in a package.
Call for details on what Positioning and Branding involves or costs.
STEP THREE: Utilize the survey results in actions, step by step, online and off line, and use the surveyed Buttons and information in all copy and design, following the easy to use recommendations.
More Types of Research and Surveys
You may have a need for some of these:
Book Authors and Filmmakers: We can help Name the book or film, and get the Cover that communicates to your target audience or what they want to see in order to get their Instant Agreement. We use impression testing and naming formulas with a survey to find out what the majority would instantly reach for.
Artists and Musicians: You can engage your public more with the 36-point analysis for Artists. The cost of the Artist Analysis is $450.
Online Surveys: Professionally written, conducted, and hand-tabulated with recommendations – for 100 targetted public. $2,500. Call for other quantities.
Many types of surveys can be utilized depending upon your business. You can find solutions for HR problems and survey staff, survey clients, and survey the general public for example.
Non-profits also can use surveys to tell how to come across best to your donors and what the donors expect and want. You can also find out why people are canceling if you have problems in business, what is going on in a business that is holding it down, and many other important things can be discovered by surveying, which can help turn a business around and expand.
Think of something you want to know and our team can find out!
We interview any type of public from CEOs, to CTOs, parents to employees, contractors to architects, natural health professionals to MDs, jewelers to makeup products, consultants to Indian chiefs (yes!) ln the 25 years I have seen all the changes and talked to all types of businesses. They all need the story—what’s really going on, what are they not doing, and what can make things better.
Surveys are discounted for B2B clients and groups. Call now.
You can create a Marketing Sales Funnel too, online, but if you don’t know who your public is, don’t know what they really think or need, you can’t reach them effectively. Templates or auto-responders only go so far. You need specific information from people that are targets for your type of business or product. You may have a bright idea that turns into the next big winner. But if you don’t do your homework you could end up a loser. We can help.
Everyone wants more money, but how about doing something you really love to do for that money?
Discover how to take charge of your marketing.
Lynda Cain Hubbard, President
Website contact: lynda@trendcreators. com
Clients call: 818-486-8553